Sunday, January 07, 2007

On the needles...


This is a hat based on the arrrgyle chart from moth heaven. Instead of socks though, I'm making it into a hat for Deqlan. I'm planning to continue up past the chart in black on dpns, and sew down the seam in the back. The bottom is a provisional cast on that will get taken out and I'll knit ribbing from there down to get the arrrgyle pattern optimally placed on the front. This is my solution for just wanting to jump right in on the pattern before committing to it. I thought about knitting it in the round, but I'm really glad I decided against it. That's 20, count 'em, 20 separate bobbins of yarn to get the pattern. Once this is finished I'll feel like a super knitter. I'm just really glad that the pattern is mostly geometric :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home