Wednesday, December 20, 2006

This one goes out to Jim Miller...

I dedicate this post to the memory of Jim Miller, though I never knew him in life; he left me all of his math books. Were it not for his passing just before I joined the IT dept at Hood, I may never have acquired his books and saved them for this day when I would need a text on matrices and linear algebra. If it weren't for him I may not have solved the final problem and finished , beyond reasonable doubt, the homework for this semester. So here's to you Jim Miller, wherever you are :)

I'm DONE! Now I can amuse myself with other things like painting my kitchen and dining room and laying bamboo flooring and assembling and installing cabinets and appliances!

Wooo hooo!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week, I was flummoxed. A 60 on my final, unknown average grade overall, and yet with an A in the course. That just doesn't seem right. All-in-all, 'data mining' was (a) interesting, (b) painful in the linear algebra area, (c) doubtful for use in general. One more course down, too many to go. Aren't you glad you're back in school? :)

Luck to the construction.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Auntie X said...

My guess is that they graded on a curve. Luckily for me I know my professor doesn't do that because we're all a bunch of perfectionists and it would totally ruin the curve :) I never really understood grading on the curve, it seems like relativism to me, or a way to hide sloppy teaching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home