Monday, October 16, 2006

to beadboard or not to beadboard...

Well yesterday Paul and I finished the last of the carpentry and drywall on the walls of the bedroom and started taping and mudding.

We have 8 sheets of drywall leftover. I estimate it would take 5 sheets to cover the ceiling. The ceiling is only 7 feet high, thus imperfections will be obvious. For this reason I had wanted to cover the ceiling with beadboard. I had also wanted to use the bead board because it is much lighter than drywall, thus easier to hang. But when we went to look at the beadboard selection at Home Despot, we couldn't decide which one we wanted. Now in the fresh light of morning I'm wondering if we should just use up the drywall that we already have rather than buying more of a whole new material and try to make the joints as smooth as possible. The little voice (yankee thrift?) at the back of my head is telling me it's the smart move. The muscles in my neck and shoulders want to be wasteful and get lighter stuff.

Opinons?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home