Sunday, November 11, 2007

Knitting post

I've been feeling rather knit deprived of late due to the heavy workload for school and the final throws of the renovation. As a consequence, I had something of an attack of yarn fume gluttony last night. I spent a good deal of time updating my notebook on Ravelry and now I'm beginning to understand why it's so good. I've also experienced a lot of server errors over there :(

I was so inspired that I frogged the swatch I started over my mother's birthday weekend and started a headscarf/kerchief in the last ball of purple bamboo. I'm using the Candle Flame Shawl pattern on size 9 addi turbos.




In other knitting news, I've just now heard of Irish Cottage Knitting and stumbled upon this video of the yarn harlot knitting, first at full speed, then slowed down and explained using iMovie effects. Blows my mind, though I suppose I shouldn't feel too badly about my lack of speed since she has been knitting since she was a small child and she's enough older than me that she could have been my babysitter at the very least (Ms. Harlot, if you ever stumble upon my humble blog, I'm not saying you're old, just more experienced! :^)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home