Saturday, October 20, 2007



Here is the test fit for the butcher block shelf over the back splash behind the sink.



Here you can see that the shelf actually interfers with the placement of this outlet. The current plan is to have Richie move the outlet up an inch or 2. Don't worry, I've turned off the circuit, so there's no risk.



Here you can see the faucet handle in the hot position, showing why the bevel was necessary. I did the bevel by turning my hand plane on a 45 degree angle and shaving away layers to the depth I wanted, Then using the palm sander to smooth over the sharp edges, then Paul followed it up with a fine grade sanding.



Here you can see the bamboo flooring that I've cut to box in the platform for the dishwasher.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger CraftyGryphon said...

Looking good, per usual. Have I mentioned I love the deep red walls and the light-toned wood?

Someday, I will have bare floors again...

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Auntie X said...

Thanks! I love deep colors but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, hence the blonde wood and bamboo :)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Grrl, you terrify me! You're so flippin' talented!

When we have a bigger house, totally paying you to do all the design work. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home